Vaquas- Let's Achar things up a bit. Achari Bindi (okra)is tangy, flavorful, and delicious dish. It's mixed with spices and seasonings, put in the right amount achari masala in and viola you have delicious Achari bhindi. Anything Achari sounds flavorful and tangy. This is the best Achari Bhindi recipe ever.
WHAT IS ACHARI BHINDI?
Achari bhindi is tangy okra with spices and seasonings along with onions and a tomato. All these flavor mixed together to give you a tangy taste in your mouth. Also, check out our Achari Keema and Achari Aloo .
HOW TO CUT THE BHINDI (OKRA)?
When you cut an okra first cut the head and then cut the bottom part of the okra off. Next just cut the middle parts into little pieces like ½ inch long.
TIPS FOR MAKING ACHARI BHINDI
- FRESH OKRA- I always use fresh okra. However, if you're in a hurry you can use frozen too.
- Seasoning - Make sure you don't miss any ingredient in Achari masala if you do the taste would be different.
- Water - Be careful with the amount of water you don't want to add too little or too much.
HOW TO MAKE ACHARI MASALA?
- Red chili pepper
- Turmeric powder
- Fennel seeds
- Amchur powder
- Kalongi (nigella seeds)
- Garam masala
- Coriander seeds
- Coriander powder
- Crushed red pepper (optional , add if you like it spicy.)
HOW TO MAKE ACHARI BHINDI?
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp kalongi nigella seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds roughly hand crush them
- 2 tsp amchur powder
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper optional add it only if you want the spicier version.
- ⅓ cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 lbs okra bhindi
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 whole cloves
- 4 black peppercorns
- 4 green cardamoms
- ½ a cinnamon stick
- 2 medium onions
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tomato chopped
- 2 green pepper finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- In a small bowl, add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala, salt, kalongi, coriander seeds, crushed red pepper (optional), amchur powder, fennel seeds, mix them and then set it aside.
- First cut the head of an okra and then cut the bottom part of the okra off. Next just cut the middle parts into little pieces like ½-3/4 inch long.
- In a medium size pot, on medium heat, add oil and let it heat up.
- Next add in cumin seeds, green cardamoms, black peppercorns, whole cloves, and cinnamon.
- Mix them for 30 seconds.
- Now add in the onions and let them get translucent.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and sauté it for 30 seconds.
- Next add in the green pepper and the tomato.
- Now sauté that for a minute.
- Now add in the achari masala that you made earlier and mix it for a minute.
- Also add fresh lemon juice and mix well.
- Next add in the fresh okra and mix well.
- At this point, add in ½ cup of water and mix well.
- Now cover the pot for 3-4 minutes.
- Next uncover the pot and mix.
- Now add ½ cup more water and now turn your stove to medium low heat and let cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Uncover the pot and mix well.
- Turn it on low and cover the pot again.
- Let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Now serve it with fresh chapati.