Vaquas- Let's Achar things up a bit. Achari Bindi (okra)is tangy, flavorful, and delicious dish. It's mixed with spices and seasonings, put in the right amount achari masala in and viola you have delicious Achari bhindi. Anything Achari sounds flavorful and tangy. This is the best Achari Bhindi recipe ever.
WHAT IS ACHARI BHINDI?
Achari bhindi is tangy okra with spices and seasonings along with onions and a tomato. All these flavor mixed together to give you a tangy taste in your mouth. Also, check out our Achari Keema and Achari Aloo .
HOW TO CUT THE BHINDI (OKRA)?
When you cut an okra first cut the head and then cut the bottom part of the okra off. Next just cut the middle parts into little pieces like ½ inch long.
TIPS FOR MAKING ACHARI BHINDI
- FRESH OKRA- I always use fresh okra. However, if you're in a hurry you can use frozen too.
- Seasoning - Make sure you don't miss any ingredient in Achari masala if you do the taste would be different.
- Water - Be careful with the amount of water you don't want to add too little or too much.
HOW TO MAKE ACHARI MASALA?
- Red chili pepper
- Turmeric powder
- Fennel seeds
- Amchur powder
- Kalongi (nigella seeds)
- Garam masala
- Coriander seeds
- Coriander powder
- Crushed red pepper (optional , add if you like it spicy.)
- First cut the head of an okra and then cut the bottom part of the okra off. Next just cut the middle parts into little pieces like ½-3/4 inch long.
- In a medium size pot, on medium heat, add oil and let it heat up.
- Now add in the onions and let them get translucent.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and sauté it for 30 seconds.
- Next add in the green pepper and the tomato.
- Now sauté that for a minute.
- Now add in the homemade achari masala and mix it for a minute.
- Also add fresh lemon juice and mix well.
- Next add in the fresh okra and mix well.
- At this point, add in ½ cup of water and mix well.
- Now cover the pot for 3-4 minutes.
- Next uncover the pot and mix.
- Now add ½ cup more water and now turn your stove to medium low heat and let cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Uncover the pot and mix well.
- Turn it on low and cover the pot again.
- Let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Now serve it with fresh chapati.