5-Minute Homemade Karahi Masala is just what we need in our lives. With just a few spices from home, I am 100% sure you will leave store-bought karahi masalas where they belong - on the shelves.
WHAT IS HOMEMADE KARAHI MASALA?
Homemade Karahi Masala is a game changer. Homemade masalas sound intimidating, but fear not. Although some masalas require many ingredients like Pakistani Homemade Biryani Masala, the payoff is incredible. Lucky for you, Karahi Masala doesn't ask for much, but is very worth it.
WHAT IS KARAHI MASALA MADE OF?
After trial-and-error, I have perfected my Karahi masala:
- Coriander seeds - sabud danya
- Dried long red peppers- sukhi lambi lal mirchi
- Cumin seeds- zeera
- Black peppercorns- kali mirchi
- Red chili powder- Lal mirchi powder
- Coriander powder- danya powder
- Salt- namak
HOW TO PREPARE KARAHI MASALA?
HOW TO STORE IT & HOW LONG IT'S GOOD FOR?
Store it in an air-tight jar after preparing it. The masala is good for 7-8 months.
WHAT TO PAIR KARAHI WITH?
Some people pair karahi with Basmati Rice (Perfect & Easy). When hosting a party, Karahi can be paired well with Instant Pot Mutton Biryani and Pakistani Mutton Korma (Qorma).
Let's Make 5-Minute Homemade Karahi Masala!!!
5-Minute Homemade Karahi Masala
- mortar pestle can also use a spice grinder or a blender
- fry pan
- 6 tsp coriander seeds sabud danya
- 6 dried long red pepper sukhi lambi lal mirchi
- 18 black peppercorns sabud kali mirchi
- 6 tsp cumin seeds zeera
- 4 tsp red chili powder lal mirchi powder
- 6 tsp coriander powder peesa huwa danya
- 4 tsp salt namak
- Break rough dried long red pepper.
- In a fry pan, on medium heat, add dried long red peppers, coriander seeds, black peppercorns, and cumin seeds.
- Lightly dry roasted for one minute. (Don't over do it, it will messed up the taste of your karahi.)
- Take the dry roasted ingredients.
- Now mix in the coriander powder, red chili powder, and salt.
- Mix well.
- Store it in a air tight container.
Anum shah says
Omg! I just made this karahi masala. It smells and taste amazing! I’m going to make Karahi tonight.
Sarah Mirza says
Thank you so much 🙂