Dahi Bara Masala (Dahi Bhalla Masala) is one of the simplest yet most tasteful masalas which can be made at home. Just a few ingredients and you’ll never frequent the store for dahi bara masala again.
What is Dahi Bara Masala?
Dahi Bara Masala (Dahi Bhalla Masala) is composed of only 6 common ingredients. It’s a flavorful, eclectic mix of 4 whole spices and two different kinds of salts that gives you the best dahi bara masala. The addition of this masala/spice blend is what makes Dahi Bara quintessentially complete.
WHAT IS DAHI BARA?
Dahi bara, also known as Dahi bara, Dahi vada, or Dahi bhalla, is a well-known Pakistani appetizer. Dahi Bara basically comprises two types of lentils which are combined into fried balls mixed with sweet & salty yogurt. It's a supreme go-to for Ramadan iftars. (dahi bara recipe coming soon.)
WHAT MAKES UP THE MASALA?
- Dried round red peppers - Gol sukhi lal mirch
- Cumin seeds - Zeera
- Coriander seeds - Sabut danya
- Black peppercorns - Sabut kali mirch
- Black salt - Kala namak
- Salt - Namak
HOW TO MAKE DAHI BARA MASALA?
WHAT OTHER MASALAS ARE THERE?
Homemade spice blends are a game changer. I urge everyone to try my collection of homemade spice blends. Never will you run to the store for masalas/spice blends again. There are few more masalas/spice blends on the blog: 5-Minute Homemade Karahi Masala and Homemade Biryani Masala.
Let's Make Dahi Bara Masala!!!
Dahi Bara Masala (Dahi Bhalla Masala)
- 6 dried round red pepper gol sukhi lal mirch
- 3 tsp cumin seeds zeera
- 3 tsp coriander seeds sabut danya
- 1 tsp black peppercorns sabut kali mirch
- ½ tsp black salt kala namak
- ¼ tsp salt namak
- In a fry pan, dry roast ball dried red chili peppers, coriander seeds, black peppercorns, and cumin seeds.
- Dry roast them until they turn deep golden color.
- Now take it out in a small bowl and let it rest for 3 minutes.
- Grind them.
- Now take out in the same bowl. It should be powder form now.
- Next add black salt and salt to the masala mixture that you just made.
- Mix everything well and enjoy!
Leave a comment & rate this recipe