Instant Pot Kala Chana (Black Chickpeas) are all names of the same type of chickpea. Black chickpeas are amongst the most popular varieties, and it’s easy to come together.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What is Kala Chana?
- How long to soak the Kala Chana?
- How to cook Kala Chana?
- How to cook in the Instant Pot without soaking?
- How to store it?
- How long it would last?
- Kala Chana Recipe
WHAT IS KALA CHANA?
Instant Pot Kala Chana (black Chickpeas) is superbly easy to make. It takes merely 4 ingredients: black chickpeas (chana), salt, red chili powder, and water. With just a few steps, you’ll have a steaming delectable dish in no time!
HOW LONG TO SOAK KALA CHANA?
Soak Kala Chana overnight or 7-8 hours until it doubles in size.
Yes! That’s because It will cook faster. If it is soaked in water, they need only 4 minutes in the instant pot.
IIt's high in fiber, so it's good for digestion. It also helps getting all the bad toxins out of the body. It's really effective for constipation.
Just boil the water with chickpeas and pressure it for 4 minutes.
- Black chickpeas- The main ingredient in this recipe.
- Water- To help soften the chickpea and helping to cook.
- Salt- Don't think any recipe is complete without salt!
- Red chili pepper- For taste.
HOW TO COOK KALA CHANA?
HOW TO COOK IN THE INSTANT POT WITHOUT SOAKING?
To cook in the Instant pot without soaking it overnight, just increase the time from 4 to 10 minutes. However, soaking time is necessary in order for them to become twice in size.
HOW TO STORE IT?
After cooking, store the Kala Chana in the refrigerator or freezer.
HOW LONG KALA CHANA LAST?
If stored in fridge Kala Chana would last 2-3 days, however, if stored in a freezer they would last 2-3 months.
WHAT TO USE KALA CHANA WITH?
- Golgappay Chaat
- Kala Chana Chaat
- Mixed Chaat
- Kala Chana Curry
- Kala Chana Masala
- Kala Chana Salad
Let's Make Kala Chana!!!
Instant Pot Kala Chana (Black Chickpeas)
- Instant Pot
- 1 cup black chickpeas kala chana
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red chili pepper
- 2 cups water
- In an Instant pot's pot, add the chickpeas, water, and let it soak for 8 hours or overnight.
- The next morning, fit the instant pot's pot in its place.
- Select sauté mode, let the chickpea and the water come to boil.
- Now add in salt and red chili pepper.
- Next pressure it for 4 minutes.
- Let the steam out and take off the lid of the Instant pot.
- Drain the water.