Tangy Pakistani Kala Chana Chaat is a very easy, quick, and delicious recipe. The Kala Chana (Black Chickpeas) are wrapped in onion, tomatoes and a few seasonings. This recipe is tangy.
WHAT IS KALA CHANA CHAAT?
Tangy Pakistani Kala Chana Chaat is wrapped around onion, tomatoes, and tangy seasonings. Chaat is a term in Pakistan used for spicy, tangy, and tarty street food. This is the second chaat recipe on the blog, the first one being Golgappay Chaat. This Pakistani recipe ideal for Iftar.
Black Chickpeas- The main ingredient in this recipe. How to soak and make black chickpeas is here.
Potatoes & onions- Another big factor when it comes to taste.
Whole and powdered spices- To enhance the taste of this recipe.
HOW TO PREPARE IT?
HOW LONG THIS CHAAT WOULD LAST IN FRIDGE?
This chaat would last 2-3 days in the fridge, although you can make it ahead of time and it will be fine for 2-3 months in the freezer.
Let's Make Kala Chana Chaat!!!
Tangy Kala Chana Chaat
- 2 cups black chickpeas
- olive oil
- 1 potato boiled and cubed
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1 tsp coriander seed roasted and roughly crushed
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tsp dried mango powder amchur powder
- 1 tsp red chili flakes also known as crushed red pepper
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp black salt
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried pomegranate powder anardana powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 green pepper chopped
- In a fry pan, on medium heat, add oil, and let it heat up.
- Add whole spice, sauté them for 10 seconds.
- Now add black chickpeas and mix them for 30 seconds.
- Next add powdered spices and mix well.
- Add onion, potatoes, and tomatoes and mix well.
- Now add fresh lemon juice and mix well.
- Cover with the lid. let it cook on medium-low for 5-7 minutes.
- Uncover the lid and garnish with cilantro and green pepper.
Leave a comment & rate this recipe