30-Minute Pakistani Palak Chicken is a spinach and chicken curry. It's flavorful and a quick recipe, great for a weeknight meal.
WHAT IS PALAK CHICKEN?
The expeditious and flavorful 30-Minute Pakistani Palak Chicken stands as a swift and delightful addition to Pakistani dinner recipes. Featuring chicken enveloped in a vibrant cloak of fresh spinach, this Pakistani recipe one-pot dish shares the simplicity of preparation with other favorites like Chicken Pulao, Chicken Keema, and the cherished Butter Chicken.
Originally hailing from Pakistan, this delectable recipe has traversed borders and found its place in Indian cuisine, making it a personal favorite among the array of Pakistani culinary treasures.
WHY MAKE THIS RECIPE?
- First it's nutritious think about all that iron in the spinach.
- It's quick and flavorful.
- Opt for fresh spinach rather than frozen, and simply chop it before incorporating it into the pot or skillet.
- Chicken- I used Chicken quarters but you can easily use chicken breast or thigh pieces.
- Spinach- I always use fresh spinach, you can just chop and add to the pot.
- Tomato- Just have one tomato for that subtle tartness.
- Ginger Garlic paste- I always homemade ginger garlic paste but you can use store-bought ginger garlic paste or minced fresh ginger and garlic and just add it in.
- Yogurt- I always use homemade full fat yogurt but you can use store-bought yogurt.
- Whole and powdered spices- These spices elevate the flavor of the recipe.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN PALAK?
Sauté the onion with oil.
Add whole spices.
Now add ginger garlic paste.
Now add tomato and green pepper.
Add yogurt, salt, powdered spices, and mix well.
Next add spinach and mix well. Cover and let it cook next let it cook open.
Garnish with dried fenugreek leaves.
Serve it hot with chapati.
WHAT TO PAIR THIS WITH?
Pair Palak Chicken with a fresh chapati or Naan. My daughter loves Kachumber with this recipe.
Hey Friend, You’ve made it this far, so now we’re basically best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok.
Let's Make Palak Chicken!!!
30-Minute Pakistani Palak Chicken
- 1 lbs chicken quarters, breast, or thigh pieces
- 1 bunch spinach chopped
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion sliced thinly
- 4 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 5 black peppercorns
- 4 cloves
- 4 green cardamoms
- 2 black cardamoms
- 2 round whole red peppers
Salt & Powdered spices
- 1 tbsp dried fenugreek leaves kasuri methi
- Wash the bunch of spinach and chop set aside.
- In a pot or a skillet on medium heat, add oil and let it heat up.
- Add onion and sauté it until light brown.
- Now add the whole spices and mix for 10 seconds.
- Add ginger garlic paste and mix it for 10 seconds.
- Now add chicken and sauté it until changes color.
- Add tomato and green pepper and mix well.
- Add yogurt, salt, powdered spices, and mix well.
- Next add the chopped spinach and mix well.
- Cover and let it cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Now you will see lots of water.
- Dry the water out by letting it cook open and stir occasionally, this process will take 10-15 minutes.
- Dry the water out until it looks like the video or final pictures.
- Garnish with dried fenugreek leaves.
- Serve it hot with a chapati or a naan.