Embark on a voyage into culinary comfort through the 30-Minute Pakistani-Style Chicken Curry (Chicken Ka Salan). This culinary masterpiece effortlessly combines common ingredients, creating a seamless fusion of flavors in an unexpectedly brief timeframe.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What is Chicken Curry (Chicken Ka Salan)?
- Why make this recipe?
- Which chicken cut complements this recipe perfectly?
- How to make Chicken Curry?
- Different variations/Additions
- What to do with leftovers?
- The Chicken Curry (Chicken Ka Salan) Recipe
WHAT IS CHICKEN CURRY (CHICKEN KA SALAN)?
30-Minute Pakistani-Style Chicken Curry (Chicken Ka Salan), stands as the pinnacle of comfort Pakistanis recipes. This recipe marries chicken with an array of whole and powdered spices, originating from the culinary traditions of North India and Pakistan. Revered as a concealed comfort treasure. This Pakistani dinner recipe resonates as a beloved favorite among all.
WHY MAKE THIS RECIPE?
- It's easy and quick.
- It's delicious.
- When considering additions or variations, the potential is limitless.
- Ultimate Pakistani comfort food.
WHICH CHICKEN CUT COMPLEMENTS THIS RECIPE PERFECTLY?
The choice is yours and depends on your preference. Whether opting for a whole chicken, boneless options like chicken breast, or personally favoring chicken quarters, the decision lies in your hands.
- Tomato Puree- It involves combining tomatoes in a way that results in a velvety and even consistency.
- Chicken- As mentioned earlier, various cuts of chicken can be utilized. Personally, I find leg quarters to be my choice for this particular recipe.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN CURRY
Make Tomato puree set aside.
Add oil and whole spices.
Next ginger garlic paste.
Next add salt and powdered spices.
Add tomato puree.
Now add chicken.
Place the lid on the pot and let it cook.
Done and enjoy.
The scope for diverse alterations and additions is boundless within this recipe. It has the potential to serve as your go-to "effortless cooking option."
- Vegetables- Similar to potatoes, eggplants, spinach, and even carrots, can be excellent inclusions. (Though I'm uncertain about the taste combination of eggplants and chicken, it's always worth experimenting.)
- Chickpeas- Incorporate various types of chickpeas.
- Eggs- Include a few eggs to introduce a valuable protein source.
WHAT TO DO WITH LEFTOVERS?
For this specific recipe, I personally cooked basmati rice and assembled it akin to a chicken biryani, along with this chicken curry. Remember to incorporate kewra essence and a touch of orange coloring to impart the biryani essence to this dish.
Let's Make Chicken Curry (Chicken Ka Salan)!!!
30-Minute Pakistani-Style Chicken Curry (Chicken Ka Salan)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 5 black peppercorns
- 2 black cardamoms
- 4 green cardamoms
- 4 cloves
- ½ cinnamon stick
- 2 tomatoes
Let's make tomato puree
- Blend two tomatoes well and set aside.
Let's make Chicken Curry (Chicken Ka Salan)
- In a medium-size pot, on medium heat, add oil and let it heat up.
- Add whole spice and sauté it for 20 seconds.
- Then add onion and sauté that until it softens.
- Next add green pepper and mix.
- Add ginger garlic paste and mix for 30 seconds.
- Now add yogurt and mix it for 30 seconds.
- Add salt and powdered spices and mix well.
- Let it cook until everything comes together and the mixture is deep orange color.
- Now add the tomato puree that you made earlier.
- Mix everything well, let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add chicken and mix everything together for 5-6 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Next place the lid on the pot and let it cook like that for 10-12 minutes or until there mixture comes in a curry form. (see video)
- Turn off the stove and you're done.
- Serve Immediately with a hot chapati.