The Easy Pakistani-Style Pakistani Chicken Gola Kabab shines as a hidden gem in the realm of Pakistani recipes. With a lavish marinade featuring a meticulous selection of seasonings and spices, this recipe presents itself as an exquisite option for a quick and delightful Pakistani appetizer.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What is Gola Kabab?
- Difference between Gola Kababs and Seekh Kababs?
- What is the binding agent in Gola Kababs?
- Ingredients we need
- How to make Gola Kababs?
- What to serve Gola Kababs with?
- How to store Gola Kabab?
- The Gola Kabab Recipe
WHAT IS GOLA KABAB?
Circular beef kababs, known as Gola Kababs, have a rich traditional lineage. Nonetheless, I've innovated by crafting this recipe with chicken, significantly reducing the cooking duration while preserving their delectable essence. These Easy Pakistani-Style Chicken Gola Kabab boast an equally delightful flavor profile in Pakistani apptizers.
Emerging from the epicurean heritage of Northern India and Pakistan, these exquisite delicacies complement wonderfully with lush chutney or verdant chutney raita. Within the realm of Pakistani culinary delights, Chicken Gola Kabab occupy a unique and cherished position as one of my preferred Pakistani recipes. The process of creating these kababs demands only minimal exertion, culminating in a rapid and gratifying assembly.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GOLA KABABS AND SEEKH KABABS
Gola Kababs and Seekh Kababs entail distinct ingredient compositions. While Gola Kababs incorporate fried onions and a markedly diverse blend of spices, Seekh Kababs follow a separate masala amalgamation. Visually, Gola Kababs adopt a compact, spherical form, whereas Seekh Kababs extend lengthwise in their characteristic shape.
WHAT IS THE BINDING AGENT IN GOLA KABABS?
The Rice flour serves as the binding agent, seamlessly integrating without affecting the flavor profile. Being devoid of taste, it remains unobtrusive, allowing the authentic essence of the Gola Kababs to prevail without any overpowering influence.
INGREDIENT WE NEED
- Chicken- As previously mentioned, you can readily replace the chicken with beef or lamb.
- Rice Flour- The rice flour acts as the binding agent in this exceptional recipe.
HOW TO MAKE GOLA KABAB?
In a food processor, add the ingredients. (The order listed below in the recipe.)
Smoke it. (see video for this step.)
Mix and marinate it overnight.
Shape them and add them on the skewers.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH GOLA KABABS?
- Incorporate either raw papaya or raw papaya paste, as it functions as a natural meat tenderizer.
- Allow for an overnight marination period to enhance the flavors..
- Consistently cook by frying over a moderate-low heat on the stovetop.
- Smoke it, Make sure to trap the smoke in the bowl for 3-4 minutes.
- When smoking the Gola Kabab don't use more than one piece of charcoal.
HOW TO STORE GOLA KABAB?
Place them in an airtight container prior to freezing. Whether you choose to mold them or keep them unshaped is at your discretion before freezing, as Gola Kababs showcase qualities conducive to freezer storage, boasting an expected duration of 2-3 months in the freezer. In the refrigerator, you can either maintain their form or opt to store them without reshaping. Furthermore, you have the option to fry the Gola Kababs, followed by storage in an hermetically sealed container. Retaining their peak flavor, Gola Kababs sustain their freshness for about 3-4 days.
Let's Make Gola Kababs!!!
Easy Pakistani-Style Pakistani Chicken Gola Kabab
- food processors
- wooden skewers
- 1 lbs ground chicken
- ½ medium onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp papaya chunks
- 1 inch ginger
- 6 garlic cloves
- ½ green pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fried onion store-bought
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- ¼ tsp Garam Masala powder
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- 1 mace javitri
- ⅙ nutmeg
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 charcoal
- In a spice grinder, first grind the nutmeg and mace into powder form.
Food Processor step
- In a food process, add onion, ginger, garlic, green pepper, and papaya chunks.
- Pulse it for 1 minute.
- Add chicken, powdered spices, rice flour, olive oil, powdered form of mace and nutmeg, and fried onion and pulse it again for 1 minute.
Now Let's Start Making Gola Kababs
- Mix well and smoke it.
- Secure the container with an airtight lid.
- Place it in the refrigerator for at least 7 hours.
- Take it out of the refrigerator and start shaping them.
- Start placing them on the skewers.
- Once it's all shaped and on skewer...
- On a medium-size fry pan or a griddle, on medium heat.
- Add 3 tbsp of olive oil. Let the oil heat up.
- Turn the stove to medium-low heat.
- Place the skewers with the kabab in hot oil.
- Fry the Kabab until it's done on all sides.
- You should see a light brown-golden layer all over the sides of the kababs.
- Once kababs are done.
- Take them out of fry pan or griddle.
- Enjoy with some Green chutney or Green Chutney Raita.