Chicken Zinger Burger (Pakistani-Style Recipe) presents a delightful fried chicken sandwich experience. The process involves marination, frying, and skillful assembly of the burger. Ideal for inclusion in kids' lunch boxes or as a swift and delectable option for a weeknight dinner.
WHAT IS A ZINGER BURGER?
The Chicken Zinger Burger (Pakistani-Style Recipe), an embodiment of Pakistani culinary expertise, stands out as a delectably flavorful crispy chicken sandwich. Originating from KFC, this dish has become an iconic entry in Pakistani recipes and dinner menus. Assuredly, I have indulged in the authentic Zinger burger experience during my visits to Pakistan. It has become a cherished tradition for me to savor the perfect combination of Golgabbay Chaat and a Zinger burger on the inaugural day of my visit.
The exquisite crispiness of the chicken is meticulously achieved through a blend of corn flour, rice flour, all-purpose flour, and a medley of additional seasonings. This is my beautiful sister in law recipe. I swear she makes the best Zinger burger recipe. Of course, she trial, test, and perfected this Pakistani dinner recipe and her Zinger Burger recipe hits the spot every time. Try Pakistani recipes: Chicken Karahi and Chicken Jelfrezy.
WHY MAKE THIS RECIPE?
- This recipe is quick and easy.
- This recipe comes with secret zinger sauce.
- This recipe has a secret mix of flour.
- It makes a perfect lunch item for your kids.
- It will be one of favorite Pakistani dinner recipes.
HOW TO MAKE BUTTERMILK AT HOME?
To craft homemade buttermilk, effortlessly incorporate 1 tablespoon of vinegar into a cup of milk at room temperature, allowing it to rest for 10 minutes. Afterward, stir the mixture and it is ready for use. It is crucial step not to overlook this marination step, as it contributes significantly to enhancing the flavor and tenderness of the chicken breast.
SUBSTITUTE AND ADDITIONS
- Even though this comes with a secret zinger sauce recipe you can substitute store-bought burger sauce.
- I made it with pepper jack cheese but you can substitute mozzarella, Swiss, or American cheese.
- I use Brioche buns, but you can substitute potato buns or normal burger buns.
- Chicken- Use chicken breast for this recipe.
- Mustard- We use mustard for the taste.
- Powered spices and seasonings- We use powder spices and seasonings to enhance the taste.
- Corn flour- This type of flour enhance the crispiness of the chicken.
- All purpose flour- This is use for the crispiness of the chicken.
- Rice flour- This is tasteless and that also helps the crispiness of the chicken.
HOW TO MAKE ZINGER BURGER?
Make the batter for the chicken, drench the chicken, cover, and marinate for at least 2 hours.
Make the secret Zinger sauce.
Make the flour mixture and set aside.
Make the egg mixture and set aside.
Watch the video or look below in the recipe card in order to learn which order you should coat the chicken.
Fry the chicken on both sides.
Toast the bun and melt the cheese on the bun.
Look in the video how to assemble the sandwich.
- Always use milk in the egg mixture.
- Always fry the chicken on medium to medium-low heat so it cooks all the way.
- To coat how I showed in the video or how I explained in the recipe card.
- Marinate the chicken for at least 2 hour to overnight.
- Coat the chicken piece well by first dip in the egg mixture on both sides, coat in the flour mixture, then dip it back in the chicken mixture, then coat in the flour mixture again. (See video if you're confused.)
Let's make Zinger Burger!!!
Chicken Zinger Burger (Pakistani-Style Recipe)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 3 big chicken breast fillets cut in half
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp mustard
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg powder
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 2 tsp kashmiri red chili powder or red chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tsp corn flour
- 3 tsp rice flour
- 1½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 4 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp cajun seasonings
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
Secret Zinger Burger Sauce
- 5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tsp siracha
- 1½ tsp ketchup
- 6 cup olive oil
- lettuce leaf
- brioche buns
Make the Buttermilk
- Pour milk into the measuring cup until it reaches the 1-cup mark. Gently stir the mixture and allow it to rest for 10 minutes. During this time, you'll observe a subtle separation in the milk, indicating a mild curdling process.
Make the Chicken Mixture
- In a bowl, add buttermilk, chicken, all the seasonings from the chicken mixture listed in the ingredient list and mix well.
- Marinate for 2 hours.
Make the Secret Zinger Burger sauce
- Mix all the ingredients for the zinger sauce set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients for the flour mixture from the ingredients' list and set aside.
- Whisk egg and milk together and set aside.
Coat and Fry
- Take a chicken piece and dip in the egg mixture on both sides, coat in the flour mixture, then dip it back in the chicken mixture, then coat in the flour mixture again. (See video if you're confused.)
- In a wok, on medium heat, add 6 cups of oil and let it heat up.
- Add the coated chicken in the hot oil. Let it fry for 5-7 minutes on each side or until the chicken is fully cooked from inside.
- See the video how to assemble the sandwich or you can assemble it your way.