Crafted in the style of Pakistan, 20-Minute Keema Matar (Ground beef and Peas) is a one-pot wonder, effortlessly marrying simplicity with profound flavors. Quick to prepare, this recipe boasts invaluable tips to ensure the ground beef is not just cooked but cooked to juicy perfection. It's a delightful Pakistani dinner recipe ready in 30 Minutes.
WHAT IS KEEMA MATAR?
20-Minute Keema Matar (Ground beef and Peas) is one of a kind. It's my comfort food like Moong Masoor Dal and Basmati rice or Cumin rice (Dal Chawal). It's peas mixed in ground beef along with whole and powder spices.
This Pakistani recipe is perfect for quick, flavorful, and home cooked meal. This is a ground beef recipe. Keema Matar is great for a quick weeknight meal and this is a mild spiced recipe. It's very similar to Aloo Keema recipe.
WHY MAKE THIS RECIPE?
- It's quick and easy.
- You can have it in a burger bun or toast like a sandwich.
- You can mix it in pasta.
- You can use it as filling for a samosa or puff pastry sheets.
- It's a freezer-friendly recipe.
- Oil- You can use any type of neutral oil. I have used olive oil in this recipe.
- Onion- I have used red onion in this recipe you're more than welcome to use yellow onion.
- Ginger garlic paste- I have used homemade ginger garlic paste but you can use store-brought one.
- Whole spices- In my perspective, the inclusion of whole spices is pivotal to this recipe. Without them, you have a standard dish; however, with the addition of whole spices, it elevates the culinary experience significantly.
- Powdered spices and salt- To enhance the taste and spice level of the recipe.
- Yogurt- To bring some subtle tartness to the recipe.
HOW TO MAKE KEEMA MATAR?
Sauté the onion in oil.
Add whole spices and ginger garlic paste.
Then add ground beef.
Add salt and powder spices.
Next add tomato and yogurt.
Cover and let it cook.
It should look like this.
Add peas, cover, and cook again.
Add lemon juice, green pepper, and cilantro.
HOW TO STORE IT?
Preserve it in an airtight container. As mentioned earlier, this recipe is freezer-friendly. Simply thaw and heat on the stove when ready to use; it maintains quality in the freezer for 2-3 months. When stored in the refrigerator, it remains fresh for 3-4 days.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH IT?
Our daughter consistently enjoys it paired with raita or plain yogurt, complemented by a side of Kachumber. However, because the taste is already so flavorful, you usually don't need to add anything else to make it better. of course, pair it with fresh chapati.
OTHER KEEMA RECIPES ON THE BLOG!
- Keema Aloo
- Aloo matar Keema
- Dum ka Keema
- Achari Keema
- Chicken Keema
- Karela Keema
- Shimla Mirch Keema
- Keemay ki Goliyaan
- Keemay Ki Kachoriyaan
Let's Make Keema Matar!!!
20-Minute Keema Matar (Ground beef and Peas)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 4 cloves
- 4 green cardamoms
- 1 black cardamom
Salt and Powder spices
- ½ tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 green pepper finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cilantro finely chopped
- In a pot, on medium heat, add olive oil, and let it heat up.
- Add onion, sauté until brown.
- Next add whole spices and ginger garlic paste, and give it a mix for 20 seconds.
- Add ground beef and mix well break down the beef and cook until the beef changes its color.
- Next add powdered spices and salt.
- Give it a good mix.
- Next add tomato and yogurt and give it a good mix.
- When the tomato and yogurt are well incorporated. Cover and let it cook for 5-7 minutes or until the ground beef is done.
- Next add the frozen peas give it a good mix let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn the stove to medium-low heat.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and squeeze in fresh lemon juice.
- Add the chopped green pepper and fresh cilantro.
- Enjoy it with a fresh chapati or Naan.