Indulge in the culinary delight of the Fluffy Pakistani Matar Pulao, a recipe that never fails to impress. Immerse peas and rice in a harmonious infusion, resulting in a quick and flawless masterpiece of flavors.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What is Matar Pulao?
- Reasons why I love Matar Pulao
- How to make Mutton Pulao?
- What to serve with it?
- Other Pulaos on the blog
- The Matar Pulao Recipe
WHAT IS MATAR PULAO?
The Fluffy Pakistani Matar Pulao, a delightful Pakistani dinner recipe with origins in North India and Pakistan, showcases the perfect fusion of peas and rice infused with aromatic whole spices. This quick and comforting meal comes together effortlessly, sparing you from rummaging through your entire spice collection, while enveloping your senses in a cozy embrace. With fried onions, aromatic cloves and cinnamon, and the fluffy, fragrant basmati rice, this recipe is an irresistible delight that leaves no room for anything but adoration. It's one of my favorite Pakistani recipes.
REASONS WHY I LOVE MATAR PULAO
- It's easy and quick.
- It's delicious.
- This versatile dish complements any curry recipe, making it an excellent choice for any day of the week.
- It also makes a great side dish at any party you may host.
- Undoubtedly, this dish reigns as the epitome of comfort food, offering unparalleled satisfaction and solace.
- Rice- I highly recommend using basmati long grained aged rice for this recipe.
- Ginger garlic paste- Nothing beats homemade ginger garlic paste.
- Onion- While I opted for red onion in this recipe, feel free to embrace the versatility and use yellow onion instead.
- Whole spices- cumin seeds, anise star, cloves, green cardamoms, black cardamoms, cinnamon, and black peppercorns.
- Powder spice- There is only one powder spice in this recipe, Garam Masala Powder.
- Peas- I always use frozen peas for this recipe.
- Green peppers- I like to add green peppers for the taste.
HOW TO MAKE MATAR PULAO?
Fry the onion with oil then add green peppers.
Add whole spices.
Next add ginger garlic paste.
Next add peas.
Now add salt and garam masala powder.
Add rice and let it cook.
Let it cook.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH IT?
Matar Pulao shines as a remarkably versatile dish, perfectly accompanied by refreshing Cucumber Raita, Green Chutney Raita, Cilantro Tomato Raita, or even Green Chutney. Additionally, it serves as an excellent side dish to complement delectable dishes like Chapli Kababs, Butter Chicken, Kunna Gosht, and Pasanday.
OTHER PULAOS ON THE BLOG
Let's Make Matar Pulao!!!
Fluffy Pakistani Matar Pulao
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 black peppercorns
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 black cardamoms
- 1 anise star
- 2 green cardamom
- Soak the rice for 25-30 minutes, drain it's water. Set aside.
- In a medium pot, on a medium heat, add oil, and let it heat up.
- Add onion and green pepper, sauté it until the onion is brown.
- Next add whole spices and mix well.
- Add ginger garlic paste.
- Now add peas and mix well.
- Add salt and Garam Masala Powder and mix well.
- Next add water, mix well.
- Add rice and let it cook for few minutes.
- When half of the water is evaporated then place the lid on the pot.
- Remember you're cooking on medium heat for 5-7 minutes now.
- Next turn the stove to low heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the stove and let it sit there for 5 more minutes.
- Take off the lid and check the rice
- Enjoy with some raita and/or chutney.