Cilantro Tomato Yogurt Raita is a cooling yogurt dip. It pairs well with many different Pakistani dishes, commonly found accompanying entrees at the dinner table. The cooling affect of this Raita will also tame the spice in your food. It takes merely five simple ingredients (if you count the salt & pepper as one) for this authentic Pakistani necessity to come to life.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What is Raita?
- 5 Ingredients
- How to prepare Raita?
- How to store Raita?
- How long can Raita last?
- Raita recipe
WHAT IS RAITA?
Cilantro Tomato Yogurt Raita is a yogurt-based Pakistani dip. Its cooling effects are often an effective counterbalance to the spices found in our foods. Raita comes in all sorts of shades and flavors; you may seen a green Raita bowl at one table, and a white raita dish with onions and cucumbers at another. However you make it, Pakistanis love raita with recipes like Instant Pot Mutton Biryani and Authentic Chicken Biryani.
The answer is yes! Yogurt is the base of Raita. Many add herbs like cilantro, mint, and some even add Green Chutney.
Just don't add water to the raita.
5 BASIC INGREDIENTS
- Yogurt - The main Ingredient which defines Raita.
- Cilantro - I personally like to chop up cilantro really fine and mix in.
- Onion - Use only red onion for the taste and color.
- Tomato - can be substituted with cucumber.
- Salt and Pepper - The only seasonings you need for this raita.
HOW TO PREPARE THE RAITA?
HOW TO STORE RAITA?
Store it in an air-tight container and place it in a refrigerator until it's ready to use.
HOW LONG RAITA CAN LAST?
Raita should last for 3-4 days. It can be made ahead of time for any occasion or party.
LET'S MAKE RAITA!!!
Cilantro Tomato Yogurt Raita
- 1 cup yogurt whipped
- ½ bunch cilantro chopped
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk the yogurt until smooth texture.
- Stir in the onion, tomato, cilantro, salt, and pepper.
- Serve immediately or place in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to serve. Refrigerate leftovers for up to 3-4 days.
Leave a comment & rate this recipe