Look no further for the ultimate Homemade Zeera Rice (Jeera/Cumin Spiced Rice) recipe that promises fluffy, fragrant, and impeccably cooked rice, all with the added convenience of being remarkably simple to prepare. It's almost unbelievable, but this recipe can be on your plate in under 20 minutes!
WHAT ARE CUMIN RICE?
Savor the delectable and aromatic Zeera Rice, also recognized as Homemade Zeera Rice (Jeera/Cumin Spiced Rice), that boasts a harmonious blend of warm and earthy flavors from cumin and cloves. This adaptable side dish complements a variety of Pakistani dinner dishes such as Seekh Kababs, Chapli Kababs, and Shami Kababs.
Additionally, it pairs perfectly with lentil dishes like Moong and Masoor Dal and Whole Masoor Dal with its versatile taste. The convenience of swift and trouble-free preparation makes it a highly appealing choice for a fast-paced weeknight meal.
What are the recommended dishes to pair with cumin rice?
The tender and fluffy texture of basmati rice further enhances its versatility in blending seamlessly with other ingredients, thereby rendering it an appetizing and versatile option for various recipes such as:
WHICH INGREDIENTS ARE REQUIRED?
- Rice- When combined with cumin seeds during the cooking process, basmati rice assimilates the warm and earthy notes of the spice, yielding a delectable and aromatic dish.
- Cumin and Cloves- The preparation method involves cooking aromatic basmati rice with whole cloves and cumin seeds, which lends a comforting and fragrant flavor that perfectly complements the dish. The harmonious blend of these spices infuses a delightful complexity and richness to the recipe, thus, providing a tantalizing culinary experience.
- Water- To cook rice, it is necessary to maintain a ratio of 1:2, indicating that for each cup of rice, two cups of water must be added to the cooking pot.
HOW TO MAKE ZEERA RICE?
HOW TO STORE AND HOW LONG DO THEY LAST?
When stored in an air-tight container, the rice can be maintained and kept fresh for a period of 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
Let's Make Zeera Rice!!!
Homemade Zeera Rice (Jeera/Cumin Spiced Rice)
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 cloves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp salt or as taste
- Add olive oil in a pot on medium heat.
- Let it heat up.
- Now add in cloves and cumin seeds.
- Sauté the cloves and cumin seeds with in the oil for 10-15 seconds.
- Add in the rice and water.
- Give a mix.
- Let it cook and bring to a boil until you see the water evaporating.
- When it's half the water is evaporated.
- Cover the lid and let it cook on medium-low for 10 minutes or until all the water evaporated.
- Now turn the stove to low, let it cook on low for 5 minutes. Remember the lid is still on the pot.
- It's done. Serve immediately.