Pakistani Shimla Mirch Keema (Bell Pepper & Ground Beef Curry) is an ideal dinner dish due to its quick and effortless preparation. The dish is packed with flavors and has a mild spice level.
Try our Pakistani dinner recipes like: Chicken Karahi, Chicken Jalfrezi, and Tamatar Gosht.
WHAT IS SHIMLA MIRCH KEEMA?
A delectable addition to Pakistani dinner recipes, Pakistani Shimla Mirch Keema (Bell Pepper & Ground Beef Curry) is a mouth-watering Pakistani dish that features ground beef and bell peppers (Shimla Mirch). The blend of spices and bell peppers creates a distinct flavor and texture that appeals to beef lovers.
WHAT KIND OF MEAT CAN BE USED FOR THIS RECIPE?
For this recipe, ground beef, turkey, chicken can be used. When cooking with ground chicken, it is unnecessary to add water since the chicken will naturally release its own moisture.
IS SHIMLA MIRCH KEEMA SPICY?
Shimla Mirch Keema is generally a mildly spicy recipe, but it can be made spicier by increasing the amount of red chili powder. While the dish tends to be less spicy, its spice level can still be adjusted to suit one's preference.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH SHIMLA MIRCH KEEMA?
This recipe is served with rice, chapati, or naan.
- Bell pepper- The color of the bell pepper used in this recipe is not crucial. However, personally, I prefer using the green one.
- Ground beef- As previously stated, you have the option to choose any type of ground meat according to your preference. However, if you decide to use ground beef, it is recommended to use 80/20.
HOW TO MAKE SHIMLA MIRCH KEEMA?
Let's Make Shimla Mirch Keema!!!
Pakistani Shimla Mirch Keema (Bell Pepper & Ground Beef Curry)
- 1 lbs ground beef
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 4 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 bell pepper cut in chunks (as seen in pictures or video)
- ½ tbsp yogurt
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cloves
- 4 green cardamom
- 1 black cardamom
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ bunch cilantro finely chopped
- 1 green chili pepper finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- In a medium size pot, on medium heat, add olive oil and let it heat up.
- Add onion and saute it until brown.
- Next add whole spices and mix.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Now add the tomatoes and mix well.
- Now add the yogurt, salt, powdered spices.
- Mix well and let everything cook well for few minutes until the tomatoes softens.
- Add ground beef and break it down.
- Let it cook until the ground beef changes its color.
- Now add Garam Masala powder and mix well.
- Let it cook for few minutes.
- Next add in bell pepper and water.
- Mix well!
- Cover and let it cook on medium-low for 10 minutes until the potatoes are fully done.
- Open the lid.
- Garnish with lemon juice, cilantro, and green pepper.
Leave a comment & rate this recipe