Tender Pakistani Beef Paya (Instant Pot) is made easy with the Instant Pot. Packed with impeccable warm flavors.
WHAT IS PAYA CURRY?
Tender Pakistani Beef Paya (Instant Pot) is infused with whole and powdered spices, based in an onion based curry. The trotters really taste delicious with this curry. This recipe is taste devine like every Pakistani recipe like Chicken Biryani, Nihari, and Mutton Korma (Qorma).
STEPS IN THE PERFECT PAYA
- Add the water, spices, and the Paya to the Instant Pot and pressure.
- In a pot, prepare the curry.
- Mix the Paya mixture in the Instant Pot to the curry mixture in the pot.
- Onion - This is base of the curry, the step brown the onion is an important step in regards to the taste of this recipe.
- Whole spices- This will bring warmth to this recipe.
- Powdered spices- This will bring warmth and taste to this recipe.
HOW TO MAKE BEEF PAYA?
Let's Make Beef Paya!!!
Tender Pakistani Beef Paya (Instant Pot)
- Instant Pot
- 4 cloves
- 5 black peppercorns
- 4 green cardamom
- 1 cumin seeds
- 1 mace javitri
- ½ cinnamon stick
- 1 medium bay leaves
- 1 black cardamom
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- cilantro finely chopped
- 1 green chili pepper finely chopped
- ginger julienne
- Make sure all the trotters are washed properly.
- Turn on the Instant Pot, on saute mode, add water and let it come to a boil.
- After it comes to boil add red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, jivatri, and coriander powder.
- Now add in trotters and cover the lit.
- Hit the Pressure Cook setting for 40 minutes. (Time may vary depends on the quality of the trotters.)
- Vent the steam out and set aside.
- In a medium size pot, on medium heat, add oil and let it heat up.
- Add in cumin seeds, green cardamom pods, black peppercorns, and cloves.
- Next add onion and sauté it until brown.
- Add in 2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Add yogurt and mix well.
- Add in the gravy and trotters from the Instant Pot to the pot.
- Let it cook for 10 minutes on medium to low heat.
- Add garam masala and mix well.
- Now cover it and let it cook for 5 minutes on low.
- Garnish and serve it with a naan.