Pakistani Beef Masala Curry is a plethora of spices blended together, complemented with homemade tomato and green pepper puree. Its novel taste and flavor pleasantly embraces your tastebuds in a manner that is different from any other Pakistani curry.
WHAT IS BEEF MASALA CURRY?
Pakistani Beef Masala Curry is a renowned dish that boasts rich and spicy flavors. Marinated beef is cooked to perfection with a blend of aromatic spices like coriander, cumin, and turmeric, making it a delectable Pakistani delicacy. This recipe is a complete satisfying meal that is enjoyed by locals and visitors alike in Pakistani restaurants and homes.
ANSWERING YOUR QUESTIONS
It takes 40 minutes to cook, but every Instant Pot and quality of beef may vary the duration.
15 minutes is more than enough for this recipe.
- Cinnamon- Take only half of a cinnamon stick not full that would change the taste of the dish.
- Water- Take only a quarter of a cup because beef is going to release its own water also.
- Tomato puree- Tomatoes and green peppers blend together.
HOW TO COOK BEEF MASALA CURRY?
Let's Make Beef Masala Curry!!!
Pakistani Beef Masala Curry
- Instant Pot
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 green cardamoms
- 2 black cardamoms
- 6 black peppercorns
- 4 cloves
- ½ cinnamon stick
- 3 tomatoes
- 3 green peppers roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- In the Instant Pot's pot, add beef , yogurt, lemon juice, ginger garlic paste, salt, and mix well, let it marinate for 10 minute.
- Now add water.
- Plug in the Instant pot.
- Seal it and pressure it for 11 minute.
- Vent it then keep it aside.
- In a wok, on medium heat, lightly dry roast the bay leaves, black cardamom, green cardamom, black peppercorns, cinnamon stick, and cloves.
- Add oil to the wok with that has the dry roasted ingredients.
- Let the oil heat up. Add onion and sauté it until its brown.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and mix it together for 30 seconds.
- Next add red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt, and cumin powder.
- Transfer the mixture from the Instant pot to the wok and mix well.
- Cut the tomatoes in half, add them to the blender and also green peppers.
- Blend until everything is smooth.
Back to the curry
- Now add the tomato puree and tomato paste.
- Now let it cook on low for 5 min with the lid cover.
- Sprinkle garam masala and garnish with cilantro.
- Enjoy it with Naan or Chapati.