Creating a 20-Minute Pakistani Plum Chutney is a remarkably simple endeavor. This delightful chutney serves as an ideal dipping companion, delivering a delectable blend of tanginess and sweetness in just a matter of minutes.
WHAT IS PLUM CHUTNEY?
The 20-Minute Pakistani Plum Chutney is truly unique, with its roots tracing back to North India and Pakistan. This delectable chutney combines the harmonious blend of tangy and sweet flavors. Referred to as "Aloo Bukhara Ki Chutney" in Urdu and Hindi, it boasts a delightful sweetness infused with subtle, warming spices. These spices play a crucial role in balancing the overall taste, rendering this chutney a versatile culinary component.
This quick-to-prepare chutney maintains its freshness for several weeks when stored in the refrigerator or freezer, making it a convenient addition to your repertoire. Renowned as a highly regarded Pakistani dip, it stands as a testament to the region's culinary excellence. Please check out Pakistani Chutneys: Mango Chutney, garlic chutney, and Khatti Meethi Chutney.
- Plums- The plums should be ripped for this recipe.
- Sugar- I would use regular sugar but if you want to make healthy version you can easily use stevia.
- Black Salt- This salt is added for the tanginess.
- Vinegar- This ingredient is added as a natural preservative.
HOW TO MAKE PLUM CHUTNEY?
Add plum let it cook until they are mushy.
Now add the sugar and the rest of the ingredients.
Place it in the refrigerator and enjoy!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH?
Plum chutney is usually served with snack in Pakistan: Beef Samosa, Chicken Samosa, Chicken Tikka Samosa, and Beef Patties. Just a fun fact, in some parts of India Plum chutney is served even with Chicken Biryani, Beef Biryani, or Mutton Biryani.
- Don't peel the skin of plum because its skin has some tartness in it.
- If fresh plums are available, they are the preferred choice, but if using frozen plums, ensure they are thawed before chutney preparation.
- Ensure the inclusion of vinegar in your recipe to preserve it for longer amount of time.
HOW TO STORE IT?
To preserve the Plum Chutney's freshness, store it in an airtight container and keep it either in the refrigerator or the freezer. When ready to use, thaw it overnight. Avoid microwave thawing, as it can adversely affect the chutney's texture. In the refrigerator, it remains good for 2 to 3 weeks, while in the freezer, it can last for 2 to 3 months.
Let's Make Plum Chutney!!!
20-Minute Pakistani Plum Chutney
- 6 plums
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp vinegar
Salt and powdered spices
- ⅛ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp red chili flakes
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp black salt
- a pinch salt
- Cut the plums, discard the pit of the plums.
- In a medium-size saucepan on medium-heat, add plums.
- Keep stirring until they are soft and mushy.
- Add the sugar and mix well.
- Add salt and powdered spices and mix well.
- Now add vinegar and mix well.
- Place the lid on the saucepan.
- Turn the stove to medium-low.
- Let it cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Now it should be ready. Turn off the stove.
- Store it in an air-tight container.
- Place it in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours.