Vaquas: Hi everyone, I'm back with a new recipe. It's Chicken Malai Tikka. Chicken Malai Tikka is basically chunks of chicken marinated with seasoning, spices, herbs and cream. It's super delicious. Perfect for a summer bbq or bake it in the oven.
WHAT IS CHICKEN MALAI TIKKA?
Chicken Malai Tikka is a hit dish at any time. Chicken malai tikka is not spicy. These chicken chunks are mild creamy yet rich in taste. They will disappear from your table in number of minutes. I grantee it. Try these chicken chunks with our Green Chutney , It's a match made in heaven. Imagine this combination in your mouth.
HOW TO PREPARE?
Pre-Marination is important step in this recipe to keep the chicken soft and it eliminates the excess water. Pre-Marination is chicken, lemon juice, salt, red chili powder and red chili flakes. This step is very important to do because it will help to make the chicken soft.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN MALAI TIKKA?
- Preheat the oven 475F - This process will take 10-12 minutes, you can fill the skewer with chicken while your oven preheats.
- Fill the skewer with chicken. It will be about 8-10 pieces of chicken on each skewers.
- Wrap each skewer in foil - That will assure the chicken will stay soft.
- Place it in the oven then cook it 15 minutes on each side. - the chicken will cook evenly on each side.
- Take it out and drain the water from the foil- make sure you get the water out.
- Brush the remaining batter on the chicken- This step will give the chicken more flavorful.
- Place it back in the oven and cook it for 5 min open - This step will give your chicken a brownish look.
TWO CLOVES IN A POT TIPS
- Pre-marination is an important step, so always do that.
- Marination the chicken at least overnight for best results but sometimes I do it for 3-4 days for the greatest results.
- Foiling the chicken skewer is an another very important and a secret step so your chicken won't dry out.
- Bake the chicken with foil on for 15 min then turn over the skewer and bake for another 15 minutes. So it cooks evenly on both sides.
- Don't forget to put it on broil at the end.
Chicken Malai Tikka is a perfect summer bbq recipe as well (see recipe notes). It's delicious, serve with Green Chutney. Also, check out our other recipes like Paneer Masala Kati Roll , Paneer Masala Panini and Lobia Chaat . If you have any questions about our recipes, recipe requests techniques, or you just want to say hi! Please feel free to message us. As always, if you try any of our recipes be sure to tag us on instagram @twoclovesinapot. Find us on Pinterest too, @twoclovesinapot. Please subscribe to our newsletter. We value honest feedback.
Chicken Malai Tikka
- 1 lbs chicken thigh cubes
- 4 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 2 tsp salt as needed
- 1 tsp white pepper
- a pinch nutmeg powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- ¼ bunch cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 serrano pepper finely chopped
- onion cut in squares for garnish
- cilantro roughly chopped for garnish
- red bell pepper cut in squares for garnish
- ¼ cup water for the water in the bakepan while baking
- chaat masala for garnish
- fresh lemon juice for garnish
- ½ tsp olive oil for saute the bell pepper and onion
- In a bowl, add chicken, salt, red chili powder, red chili flakes, lemon juice. Leave it for 10 minutes.
- In a sepratebowl, add in yogurt, sour cream, white pepper, black pepper, garam masala, cumin seeds, nutmeg powder, salt, ginger garlic paste, cilantro, vinegar, and serrano pepper.
- Mix well.
- Now pour the yogurt mixture on your pre-marinated chicken mixture and mix well.
Baking or BBQ
- Preheat oven to 475F
- Apply to the chicken to the skewers.
- Don't throw away the remaining marination mixture in the bowl.
- Wrap each skewer in aluminium foil tightly shutting the ends of each skewer.
- Get out 9in by 13in baking cake pan out.
- Lay the skewers which are in covered in foil on the cake pan.
- Pour water on the bottom of the cake pan.
- Place it in oven.
- Bake for 15 min then turn over the skewer and bake for another 15 minutes. So it cooks evenly on both sides.
- Now take the foil off, over the sink and take pour the water from the chicken in the sink.
- brush the remaining marinating mixture onto the chicken on both sides that is on the skewers.
- lay the skewers on top of the baking pan.
- Place it back in the oven, turn the oven to broil and put it in for 5 minutes.
- Now take it out of the oven and turn the skewer on the other side.
- Stick it back in the oven then cook for 5 min, so it gets cook evenly.
- Take it out, garnish with chaat masala, lemonjuice, onion, red bell pepper.
- Get a fry pan out, and saute your onions and bell peppers lightly with olive oil.
- After you saute them, place them on the skewer with chicken or have them on the side.
- Serve it with our green chutney.