Discover the art of How To Make Pakistani Creamy Chicken White Karahi. This sumptuously smooth Karahi recipe is not only effortless to prepare but also comes together swiftly.
WHAT IS WHITE CHICKEN KARAHI?
Discover How to Make Pakistani Creamy White Chicken Karahi, a distinctive culinary masterpiece with its indulgently rich texture. This renowned White Chicken Karahi recipe holds a special place in the hearts of Northern Pakistan and North India. This Pakistani recipe's preparation is surprisingly easy recipe, achieving its unique creaminess through the incorporation of heavy whipping cream , sans any red chili powder.
The harmonious balance of spiciness relies on the subtle interplay of white pepper, black pepper, and green chilies. This exquisite Pakistani Dinner recipe is a perfect addition to a bustling weeknight menu. This isn't your spicy chicken curry. This creamy white sauce curry is packed with mild spices components just like White chicken korma.
WHICH CUT OF CHICKEN TO USE FOR THIS RECIPE?
In my own culinary practice, I opt for bone-in chicken quarters when preparing this chicken white Karahi recipe. However, it's essential to acknowledge that you have the flexibility to choose boneless chicken, such as chicken thighs or chicken breast, as you might in other Karahi recipes featured on this blog.
Nevertheless, I hold the view that the quintessential Karahi experience is achieved when utilizing bone-in chicken. This preference is rooted in the fact that cooking chicken breast for a prolonged period, like 30 minutes, tends to diminish its succulence and steer it toward a drier texture.
- Heavy whipping cream- also known as heavy cream. This Karahi is the only Karahi that takes heavy whipping cream as an ingredient unlike Mutton Karahi and Charsi Karahi.
- Chicken- I strongly recommend bone-in chicken quarters but you can easily use boneless chicken.
- Whole spices- there's no whole spices in this recipe.
- Ginger garlic paste- I use homemade ginger garlic paste, but you can use store-bought ginger garlic paste or you can ginger paste or garlic paste separately.
- Powdered spices- There are only powder spices in this recipe.
- Olive oil- Don't take a lot of oil in this Karahi just take the amount that is written in the recipe card.
HOW TO COOK CHICKEN WHITE KARAHI?
Add oil and chicken.
Now add green peppers, ginger garlic paste, and onion and mix well.
Add yogurt and mix well.
Now Add salt, cumin powder (ground cumin), and powdered spices.
Cover and let it cook for a little bit or until the chicken is tender.
It should look like this.
Add heavy whipping cream.
Take it off the stove.
Serve with a hot chapati or a hot naan.
WHAT TO SERVE IT WITH?
ld suggest serving this alongside freshly baked chapati or piping hot naan. For those inclined to pair it with rice, basmati rice or zeera rice (jeera rice) would be excellent choices. In the event of hosting a gathering, I would consider complementing this dish with a selection of other Pakistani chicken recipes such as: Butter Chicken, Chicken Korma, or Chicken Biryani.
HOW TO STORE IT?
When it comes to storage, place it in a airtight container within the refrigerator, and it will maintain its quality for a span of 2-3 days. For freezing purposes, opt for an airtight container, and it will retain its goodness for up to 1-2 months. When the time comes to relish it, allow it to thaw and reheat gently over the stovetop rather than using a microwave. This approach will ensure a much fresher taste, akin to freshly prepared.
Let's Make Pakistani Chicken White Karahi!!!
How To Make Pakistani Creamy Chicken White Karahi.
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 lbs chicken
- 4 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 4 green peppers
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- In a wok, on medium heat, add oil, and let it heat up.
- Once it's heated add chicken and sauté the chicken until it changes color from pink to white.
- Add onion and green pepper and mix well.
- Now add yogurt and mix well.
- Add salt and powdered spices and mix well.
- Cover the lid and let it cook for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is fully tender.
- Remove to lid and turn the stove to medium-low.
- Add heavy whipping cream and mix well.
- Let it cook for 2 minutes and remove from the stove and turn off the stove.
- Let it stand for 2-3 minutes next serve immediately with a chapati or naan.