Pakistani Tangy Achari Gosht (Mutton Curry Recipe) has to be one of the easiest yet delicious recipes to prepare on the blog. Achari Gosht vigorously flows through Pakistan's veins as a must-have dish, and finds the perfect balance between simplicity, minimal time commitment, and a delightful taste. Ready in 30 minutes using an Instant Pot.
WHAT IS ACHARI GOSHT?
Discover the effortless preparation of Pakistani Tangy Achari Gosht (Mutton Curry Recipe), boasting a delightful tangy and pickled essence that infuses the mutton with an authentic Achari Gosht taste. Hailing from the culinary traditions of North India and Pakistan, this scrumptious Pakistani recipe holds its origin in the heart of both regions.
For those enticed by delectable Pakistani dinner recipes, the blog also features Mutton Korma, Karahi Gosht, Mutton Masala Curry, and Mutton Biryani, elevating the culinary journey with a diverse array of flavors.
Without making Homemade Achari Masala there is no Achari gosht. Homemade Achari Masala taste so much better than the store-bought one.
- Mutton (goat)- Bakray ka gosht
- Olive oil- Tail
- Onion- Pyaz
- Ginger Garlic Paste- Lehsun adrak ka paste
- Green peppers- Hari mirch
- Tomatoes- Tamatar
- Tomato paste- Tamatar ka paste
- Yogurt- Dahi
- Water- Pani
- Fresh lemon juice- Taza nemo ka rus
- Cilantro- Hara danya
HOW TO MAKE ACHARI GHOSHT?
WHAT TO SERVE ACHARI GOSHT WITH AND WHAT TO PAIR IT UP WITH?
Achari Gosht is on drier side of curries. It served with chapati or naan. When hosting a party pair this recipe with Chicken Biryani, Korma (Qorma), and make Thick Pakistani Kheer for the perfect dessert.
Let's Make Achari Gosht!!!
Pakistani Tangy Achari Gosht (Mutton Curry Recipe)
- Instant Pot
- homemade achari masala for 1 lbs mutton
- 1 lbs mutton (goat) bakray ka gosht
- ⅓ cup olive oil tail
- 1 medium onion (diced) pyaz
- 3 tbsp ginger garlic paste lehsun adrak ka paste
- 3 slitted green peppers hari mirch
- 3 tomatoes (finely chopped) tamatar
- 2 tbsp tomato paste tamatar ka paste
- 1 tbsp yogurt (whipped) dahi
- ½ cup water pani
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice taza nemo ka rus
- ¼ bunch cilantro hara danya
- In an Instant Pot, on sauté mode, add oil, heat it up.
- Add onion and sauté the onion until translucent.
- Then add ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Next add meat and mix well for 2 minutes.
- Add yogurt and mix well for 1 minute.
- Next add Homemade Achari Masala and mix well for 1 minute.
- Now add tomatoes and tomato paste and mix well for 3-4 minutes.
- Add water and mix well.
- Select Pressure for 12 minutes.
- Let the steam out and make sure the meat is 95% cook.
- Open the Instant Pot's lid.
- Place 3 green peppers and mix well.
- Let it cook open for 4-5 minutes.
- Now mix in the green peppers.
- Garnish with fresh lemon juice and cilantro.