Sweet And Tangy Pakistani Fruit Chaat is a motley medley of fruits alongside tangy seasonings and fresh lemon juice.
WHAT IS FRUIT CHAAT?
Sweet And Tangy Pakistani Fruit Chaat is a cocktail of fresh fruit along with some chaat masala, sugar, salt and orange juice. Another name for fruit chaat is Pakistani fruit salad. Its versatility is riveting - a Ramadan staple found in millions of Iftar tables or just an appetizer for your next party like Keemay Ki Goliyan, Golgabbay Chaat, and Black Chana Chaat.
3 EASY STEPS FOR FRUIT CHAAT
- Cut up fruit.
- Mix in the lemon juice and seasonings.
- Mix everything together.
FRUITS TO MIX IN AND AVIOD
Almost every fruit is fine to mix in, like: Guava, bananas, mangoes, oranges, grapefruit, grapes, pears, peaches, plums, strawberries, kiwis, Pineapples, and many others.
However, there are some fruit that are not suitable for fruit chaat such as avocados, tomatoes, watermelon, honeydew, and cantaloupe.
SEASONINGS IN FRUIT CHAAT
- Black Salt- For the salty yet tarty touch to the recipe.
- Pepper- A hint of subtle hotness in this recipe.
- Sugar- To add sweetness to the recipe.
- Chaat Masala- To add a hint of tangy and salty in this recipe.
- To enhance the taste of the recipe, Black chickpeas can be a great addition to this recipe.
- If there are no lemon juice on hand then fresh orange juice.
- This recipe can be made ahead of time don't worry about the bananas they won't go brown or dull because of the lemon juice.
- Lemon juice will keep the fruits looking fresh.
- If adding any grapes cut each grape in half before adding in.
- Omit the sugar in the recipe to try a healthier version of this recipe.
- Fruits- Without Fruits there is no Fruit Chaat
- Seasonings- Black salt, Pepper, sugar and Chaat Masala.
- Juice- Fresh squeezed lemon juice is ideal for this recipe.
HOW TO MAKE FRUIT CHAAT?
Let's Make Fruit Chaat!!!
Sweet And Tangy Pakistani Fruit Chaat
Fresh Fruit Options
- 2 Bananas chopped
- 2 oranges chopped
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup pineapple chopped
- 2 guava chopped
- 1 tsp black salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Chop up the fruits in a bowl.
- Add black salt, pepper, fresh squeezed lemon juice, and chaat masala.
- Mix well and done.
Leave a comment & rate this recipe