Achari Keema has to be one of the easiest yet most delicious recipes to prepare on the blog. It's insanely difficult to fathom how such a decorated Pakistani recipe can be put together in relatively no time whatsoever. To top it all of? There's no grinding of any spices; one merely dry roasts them before tossing them in. Achari Keema flows through Pakistan's veins as a must-have dish, and leverages the perfect balance between simplicity, minimal time commitment, and a delightful taste. Without any doubt a Pakistani delight.
WHAT IS ACHARI KEEMA?
Achari Keema is a flavorful and aromatic dish with a tangy taste. It is mainly stuffed green peppers mixed in ground beef that consists of a tomato curry infused with some whole spices. It is typically served with naan or chapati.
CAN YOU USE GROUND LAMB OR GROUND CHICKEN FOR ACHARI KEEMA?
I haven't tried this recipe with ground lamb, but occasionally my mother will make it with ground chicken. If you do try it with ground lamb, message us and let us know how you like it! I personally prefer it with ground beef. Some people also like to include vegetables in this recipe, though I typically favor the Keema without the veggies. Achari Keema is tangy, delicious, and a Pakistani must-have. I also have Achari Chicken (The Best) and Achari Aloo recipe on the blog so be sure to check those out.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE MASALA FOR ACHARI KEEMA?
- Nigella seeds - Kalongi
- Cinnamon Stick - Dal chini
- coriander seeds- Sabut danya
- Cumin seeds- Zeera
- Fennel Seeds- Sauf
- Black Cardamom- Kali elachi
- Cloves- Long
- Black Peppercorn- Sabut kali mirchi
- Green Cardamom- Hari elachi
- Dried mango powder - Amchur powder
- Turmeric powder - Haldi
- Red chili powder - Peesi huwi lal mirch
- coriander powder- Peesa huwa danya
- Garam Masala Powder- Peesa huwa garam masala
- Salt- Namak
HOW TO MAKE THE MASALA FOR ACHARI KEEMA?
- Add coriandar seeds in a motar pestle and crush it.
- Now in fry pan add coriander seeds that you just crushed along with nigella seeds, funnel seeds, black cardamom, cloves, black peppercorns, green cardamom, cinnamon, and cumin seeds.
- Dry roast the whole spices.
HOW DO YOU MAKE THE CURRY FOR ACHARI KEEMA?
Achari Keema is mouthwatering. It will satisfy your tangy craving for sure. I hope you give this recipe a try. If you have any questions about our recipes, techniques, or you just want to say hi! Please feel free to message us. As always, if you try any of our recipes be sure to tag us on instagram @twoclovesinapot. Find us on Pinterest too, @twoclovesinapot. Please subscribe to our newsletter. We value honest feedback.
LET'S MAKE ACHARI KEEMA!
- On medium heat, in a medium size pot, add in the olive oil.
- Heat the oil, then add in onions, saute it until they are translucent.
- Now Mix in the whole spices that you dry roasted and sauté that for 15-30 seconds.
- Next add in the ginger garlic paste, sauté it for 30 seconds.
- Now add in the ground beef.
- Sauté it for 5 minutes or until the beef changes its color.
- Now add in the tomatoes and mix well
- Next add in the tomato paste and mix well.
- Now add in the amchur powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, salt, and mix well.
- Let it cook for 2-4 minutes.
- Add in the yogurt and mix well.
- Next add in the green pepper and mix well.
- Cover it, turn it on medium low and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and fresh lemon juice.