Crafting Pakistani-Style Chicken Seekh Kabab (Chicken Skewers) is a straightforward endeavor. The process involves grinding, infusing smokiness, marinating, and then opting for grilling or frying. The result is an exquisitely flavorful Pakistani appetizer that tantalizes the taste buds.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What are Chicken Seekh Kababs?
- Why make this recipe?
- How to make Chicken Seekh Kababs?
- How to store Seekh Kababs
- What to serve with Chicken Seekh Kababs?
- The Chicken Seekh Kabab Recipe
WHAT IS CHICKEN SEEKH KABAB?
The Pakistani-Style Chicken Seekh Kabab (Chicken Skewers) stands as a captivating testament to Pakistani culinary expertise and a delectable addition to Pakistani appetizers. Enriched with an exquisite assortment of seasonings and spices, this dish undergoes a meticulous smoking ritual followed by an overnight marinade. Whether shallow-fried to perfection or masterfully grilled on a barbecue, these kababs boast a nuanced spiciness. Originating from the esteemed culinary traditions of North India and Pakistan, they beautifully encapsulate a fusion of flavors and a shared heritage of Pakistani recipes.
Distinguished by their unique homemade Seekh Kabab Masala, Seekh Kabab and Chapli Kabab stand apart with their individualized flavor profiles. While Seekh Kababs boast an elongated, log-like form, Chapli Kababs take on an oval shape, each offering a distinct taste experience that sets them distinctly apart from each other.
Incorporating rice flour into the blend of ground chicken serves the purpose of preparing it for skewering. As the ground chicken is carefully threaded onto skewers, it's recommended to shape it into uniformly thin layers. This approach ensures stability during frying or grilling; in cases where the layer becomes too thick or heavy, the risk of it succumbing to its own weight and falling off the skewer is mitigated.
Rice flour assumes the role of a binding agent within Seekh Kababs, imparting its characteristics of being both tasteless and devoid of any discernible aroma.
WHY MAKE THIS RECIPE?
The Chicken Seekh Kabab recipe presents itself as a delightful fusion of simplicity and flavor. Swiftly concocted, it effortlessly melds together, unveiling an array of spices that promises to captivate and astonish your taste senses with every bite. We also have Beef Seekh Kabab recipe on the blog.
STEPS IN MAKING
- Mix in the Chicken with Homemade Seekh Kabab masala.
- Smoke it.
- Marinate overnight.
- Apply to skewers
- Grill or Shallow fry on the stove.
- Ground Chicken- Make sure you add the ground chicken finely.
- Homemade Seekh Kabab Masala- Particularly when crafting Homemade Seekh Kababs, the inclusion of this unique homemade masala becomes imperative. Omitting it might significantly compromise the flavor profile of your Seekh Kababs, as the disparity between store-bought masala and the authentic essence of Seekh Kabab masala becomes evident.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN SEEKH KABAB?
Add appropriate ingredients to a food processor.
Marinate it overnight in refrigerator.
Shape the Kababs.
Grill or shallow fry the kababs until golden like this and Enjoy!
HOW TO STORE SEEKH KABAB?
Place the Seekh Kababs in the refrigerator in an airtight container, granting them a shelf life of 2-3 days. Alternatively, should you opt for freezer storage, their preservation duration extends to 1-2 months.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CHICKEN SEEKH KABAB?
Accompany your Chicken Seekh Kabab with a delectable serving of Green Chutney or refreshing Green Chutney Raita. When orchestrating a gathering, consider presenting this combination alongside Mutton Biryani, Beef Pasanday, and the ever-popular Butter Chicken to elevate the culinary experience for your guests. As an ideal conclusion to complement your extravagant feast, select from classic choices such as Kheer or opt for a contemporary fusion like the innovative Gulab Jamun Cheesecake.
Let's Make Chicken Seekh Kababs!!!
Pakistani-Style Chicken Seekh Kabab (Chicken Skewers)
- food processor
- 1 lbs ground chicken
- ½ medium onion roughly chopped
- ½ inch ginger
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp homemade seekh kabab masala
- 1 tsp raw papaya chunks (4 little chunks)
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp red chili powder
- ½ green pepper
- ¼ bunch cilantro
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- olive oil
- 1 coal
- 2 tsp olive oil
- In a food processor, add ginger, garlic, green pepper, cilantro, and onion.
- Pulse it for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken, papaya chunks, homemade seekh kabab masala, turmeric powder, salt, red chili powder, 1 tbsp olive oil, and rice flour.
- Pulse it for 30 seconds again.
- Take it out in a bowl.
- Smoke it
- Mix well now.
- Marinate it for 7 hours or overnight.
- Shape the Kababs on wooden or steel skewers.
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil to a fry pan and heat it up.
- Place the skewers in the fry pan.
- Shallow fry them, cook evenly on all sides.
- Take the fry pan off the stove and turn off the stove.
- Enjoy the seekh kabab with green chutney.