Our long-awaited version of Easy Pakistani Beef Chapli Kababs (Overnight option) are here! Beef Chapli Kababs are delicious, the easiest kabab to make, and are subtly tangy and flavorful. After marinating the ingredients for 2 hours (or overnight), you pan-fry the kababs until lightly browned and juicy. Serve with warm with green chutney.
WHAT ARE CHAPLI KABABS?
Easy Pakistani Beef Chapli Kababs (Overnight Option) are a delicacy originating from Peshawar, Pakistan. They are made of ground beef, and are extremely flavorful. Their originated in the city Peshawar. They are always shallow fry never grilled, and are one of few recipes that are exclusively Pakistani. They make a great side or apptizer with your Pakistani main course. It's an extremely popular street food in Pakistan like Golgappay Chaat and Kala Chana Chaat.
WHY THE KABABS ARE CALLED CHAPLI?
As stated above these kababs hail from Peshawar, Pakistan. Pashto is the dominant language in this region. Chaprikh/chapdikh/chapleet all mean flat. And what do you know!
WHY CHAPLI KABABS BREAK?
Most people forget to add the egg and some type of flour. This recipe calls for rice flour because its tasteless, and strong binding agent. Another option is gram flour, but the thing is you can taste the gram flour so I strongly advice against it.
CAN THESE KABAB BE MADE AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes, freeze them, however, do not add the chopped tomatoes, green pepper (green chilis), fresh cilantro and onions until ready to fry them. These fresh ingredients release water following thawing. That's a major reason why I am advising you against adding the fresh ingredients prior to freezing.
CAN CHAPLI KABAB ONLY BE MADE IN BEEF?
No, Chapli Kababs can be made in beef, goat (mutton minced meat), lamb, or ground chicken /chicken mince.
STEPS IN CHAPLI KABABS
- Mix in all the ingredients.
- Marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Shallow fry them. Serve with cilantro green chutney or even Pudina (mint) Chutney.
- Powdered spices- These are added to enhance the taste, and dried pomegrade powder is add to bring some tangy-ness to the recipe.
- Egg- The egg helps with the tenderness and keep the kabab moist.
- Coriander seeds- Roughly hand crushed. This is a key ingredient in this recipe. There are barely any whole spices in this flavorful kabab recipe.
- Ground beef- The recipe will be high in protein. I usually make this recipe in 80/20 ground beef.
- Oil- The recipe calls for olive oil but you can substitute any kind of neutral oil.
- Fresh ingredients- The four fresh ingredients can't be substituted with anything else, as it helps enhance the taste.
HOW TO MAKE CHAPLI KABABS?
WHAT TO PAIR THEM WITH?
HOW TO STORE AND HOW LONG WILL THEY LAST?
Store the mixture up to 1-2 days in the refrigerator. After frying them, They will be okay in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. To freeze them, just shape the kababs then store them in between layers of parchment paper so kababs don't stick together, and of course, store them in an airtight container.
Let's Make Chapli Kababs!!!
Easy Pakistani Beef Chapli Kababs (Overnight Option)
- 1 onion diced
- 2 green pepper chopped
- ½ bunch cilantro chopped
- 1 tomato seedless, chopped
- ⅓ cup oil
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients except the oil.
- Now add 2 tbsp of oil.
- Mix well with hands.
- Marinate it overnight or at least 2 hours.
- The next morning, in a plate, drop few drop of olive oil and scatter it.
- Shape the patties long and thin please refer to the video how to shape with wet hands.
- In a fry pan, ⅓ cup of olive oil, let it heat up on stove on medium heat.
- Now place a kabab that you shaped in there, and let it cook properly then turn over the kabab and cook it properly on the other side also.
- It's done.
- Place it in a clean plate lined the plate with a paper towel. Enjoy Chapli Kabab with Green Chutney, Mint Chutney, or any type of Raita. Lastly, you can serve with a hot naan or chapati as well.