Rich and Creamy Egg Halwa (Anday Ka Halwa) is in its own class. It's creamy and comes together in no time-the perfect storm for a quick dessert. If you're looking to try something delicious and quick, Pakistani Anday Ka Halwa is indubitably the dish of choice.
Check out our Pakistani desserts recipe like: Pakistani Kheer, Zarda, and Sheer Khurma (Seviyan).
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What is Anday Ka Halwa?
- Does Anday Ka Halwa smell or taste like eggs?
- Why make this recipe?
- How to make Anday Ka Halwa?
- How to store it?
- Anday Ka Halwa Recipe
WHAT IS ANDAY KA HALWA?
Rich and Creamy Egg Halwa (Anday Ka Halwa) is an exceptional Pakistani dessert using eggs as its primary ingredient. The eggs are cooked with ghee, khoya, sugar, saffron, and cardamom powder to the point where the texture is rich and creamy. This dish deservedly stands as the 'Creme Brûlée' of Pakistan. This Pakistani dessert recipe is distinctive and delectable.
DOES ANDAY KA HALWA SMELL OR TASTE LIKE EGGS?
The answer is no, It doesn't taste or smell like eggs.
WHY MAKE THIS RECIPE?
- It's quick and easy.
- It's delicious.
- It doesn't taste or smell like eggs.
- It can be made ahead of time.
- It's Pakistani version of Cream Brûlée.
- Use a thick bottom pan.
- Use a Tawa if pan's bottom is not thick when making this dessert.
- Stir constantly.
- Cook on low - medium.
Green cardamom powder- used in every Pakistani dessert even being used in fusion desserts like Gulab Jamun Cheesecake and Ras Malai Tres Leches Cake so yes it's going to be used in Anday Ka Halwa.
Khoya- Shred the Goya it will bring a nice creamy texture to this dessert.
Ghee- Use Desi Ghee or vegetable ghee or even subtitute with oil for this recipe. Desi ghee brings out the best flavor.
Eggs- The star of this recipe.
HOW TO MAKE ANDAY KA HALWA?
HOW TO STORE IT?
It should last for 4-5 days in the fridge. If you want to store Anday Ka Halwa for a longer period, the freezer is better. To freeze Anday Ka Halwa, get it down to room temperature before transferring it to an airtight container. It should last for 1-2 months in the freezer. When serving the frozen Anday Ka Halwa, remove it from the freezer the night before and let it thaw in the refrigerator.
Let's Make Anday Ka Halwa!!!
Rich and Creamy Egg Halwa (Anday Ka Halwa)
- 11 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ cup khoya shredded
- ½ tsp green cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- few strands saffron
- a few pistachios sliced
- In a blender, add eggs, milk, sugar, khoya, saffron, all purpose flour, green cardamom powder, and blend for 3-4 minutes on high.
- Now place a tawa on a stove and place a thick bottom pot over the tawa.
- On medium-low heat, add ghee and let it melt.
- Now add the egg mixture in a blender.
- Next start mixing the mixture nonstop.
- Mix until the mixture thickens. This process will take 15-20 minutes.
- Once it thickens, add kewra.
- Mix it for 5 more minutes nonstop.
- Viola, Garnish it with pistachios.
Leave a comment & rate this recipe