5-Minute Homemade Bihari Kabab Masala is an easy spice blend. It takes few minutes to make, much quicker than going to the store to pick up a store-bought.
WHAT IS BIHARI KABAB MASALA?
5-Minute Homemade Bihari Kabab Masala is mixture of whole spices grinded mixed with powdered spices. It's simple as that. This spice blend has no preservatives, no artificial coloring, and no ingredient you won't understand. In fact this Pakistani homemade Bihari masala is fresh, delicious, and flavorful.
WHAT IS BIHARI KABAB?
Bihari Kababs are made of thin strips of beef. They are marinated with a meat tenderizer such as raw papaya, with flavorful spice blend along with some mustard oil to top of with the most integral part of its flavoring. Bihari Kabab are usually cooked on a barbecue grill. Check out Pakistani Beef Chapli Kababs.
HOW TO STORE THE BIHARI MASALA?
Store homemade Bihari Masala in a dry air-tight jar at room temperature.
HOW LONG THE MASALA WILL LAST?
The masala will last for 4-5 months if kept in a dry air-tight jar at room temperature.
- Whole Spices- Lightly dry roast the whole spices and grind the whole spices in a spice grinder.
- Poppy seeds- Gives Bihari kabab its unique taste.
- Roasted Chickpeas- also known as chana. This is used for binding.
- Powdered Spices- After grinding the whole spices then mix in the powdered spices.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE BIHARI KABAB MASALA?
LET'S MAKE HOMEMADE BIHARI KABAB MASALA!!!
5-Minute Homemade Bihari Kabab Masala
- spice grinder
Whole spices to dry roast
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- ½ mace javitri
- ¼ netmug jaifal
- ½ tsp black cumin shahi zeera
- ½ tsp black peppercorns
- ½ tsp fennel seeds sauf
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1 bay leaf
Add after dry roasting
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 2 tsp roasted chickpeas roasted chana
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp dried mango powder amchur powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- In a medium fry pan, on medium heat, add whole spices to dry roast for one minute.
- Let it cool down for a minute after taking it off the stove.
- Next add poppy seeds and roasted chickpeas to the lightly dry roasted whole spices.
- Place it in a spice grinder and grind it.
- Now take it out of spice grinder in a bowl.
- Add salt and powdered spices to the bowl.
- Give it a mix and the homemade Bihari Kabab Masala is ready.