With just a few ingredients you probably already have tucked away in your kitchen cabinets, you can make a simple, easy classic - Kali Mirchi Ka Salan (Black Pepper Curry).
WHAT IS KALI MIRCHI KA SALAN?
Kali Mirchi Ka Salan is Mutton (goat) wrapped around gravy that consists of salt and black peppercorn along with ghee. This is unlike other Pakistani dishes such as Matka Gosht , Mutton Korma (Qorma), and Mutton Masala Curry. While extremely simple, the dish still boasts a popularity amongst many Pakistani households. This is my brother's recipe. This brings me back so many memories.
- Don't use ginger garlic paste, you will not get the same taste just use garlic paste.
- Almost every time a ingredient will go in, you need to constantly stir so it doesn't burn and everything get incorporated well.
- Follow the recipe exactly how it is for this recipe timing between each ingredient is really important.
- Meat (mutton, goat)- Bakray ka gosht
- Yogurt- Dahi
- Black peppercorn- Sabut kali mirch
- Salt- Namak
- Garlic paste- Lehsun ka paste
- Cumin seeds- Zeera
HOW TO MAKE IT?
HOW TO STORE IT?
Store it in air-tight container in the refrigerator or freeze for an upcoming meal.
WHAT TO PAIR IT UP?
LET'S MAKE KALI MIRCHI KA SALAN!!!
Kali Mirchi Ka Salan
- Instant Pot
- 1 lbs meat (mutton, goat) bakray ka gosht
- 2 cups yogurt dahi
- 2 tbsp ghee ghee
- 2 tsp black peppercorn sabut kali mirch
- 1 tsp salt namak
- 2 tsp garlic paste lehsun ka paste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds zeera
- In a Mortar and pestle grind black peppercorn and set aside.
- In an Instant Pot, select sauté mode, let the Instant Pot heat up.
- Add ghee, and let it melt.
- Now add meat constantly stir for 5 minute, after 5 minute the meat should be brown.
- Next add garlic paste and mix it well for 3 minutes.
- Now add crushed black peppercorns mix it well for 30 second.
- Then add cumin now, mix well 2 minute.
- Next add yogurt mix for 3 minute.
- Now add salt mix it for 2 minute.
- Now select pressure for 10 minute.
- Vent out the steam right away.
- Open the Instant Pot. It's going to be liquidy when you open the lid.
- Select the sauté mode, and let it cook open for 5 minute.
- It should be done, the curry shouldn't be watery.
- Serve it with Chapati or Naan.