Pakistani Bhindi Gosht is a classic. Okra, is wrapped deftly in mutton curry. It comes together in a snap, and is great for an extra dish at a party or a quick weeknight meal.
WHAT IS BHINDI GOSHT?
Pakistani Bhindi Gosht is a quick and delicious recipe. Bhindi in Urdu, but also known as okra and lady fingers in English. Okra wrapped around a meat curry with a little help from whole spices and powdered spices. Classic Pakistani recipes like Mutton Handi, Achari Gosht, and Mutton Masala are always a hit - just like Bhindi Gosht.
HOW TO WASH THE OKRA FOR BHINDI GOSHT?
- Mutton- Goat meat; however, chicken can be substituted.
- Bhindi- Known as okra, see above how to properly cut okra for this Bhindi Gosht.
- Olive oil- Any other natural oil can be substituted.
- Whole Spices and Powdered Spices- Just some spices that you already have in your spice drawer.
HOW TO COOK BHINDI GOSHT?
WHAT TO SERVE AND PAIR BHINDI GOSHT WITH?
Let's Make Bhindi Gosht!!!
Pakistani Bhindi Gosht
- Instant pot / Pressure Cooker
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 5 black peppercorns
- 4 cloves
- 4 green cardamom
- Cut the ends of okra, like the pictures above or shown on the video.
- Select "sauté" on an Instant pot, add ¼ cup of oil, let it heat up.
- Add okra, and sauté it for 5 minutes until it's light golden-ish.
- Take out the okra in a bowl and set aside.
- Add ¼ cup of oil let it heat up. Remember Instant pot is on "sauté" mode still.
- Now add in the onion and sauté it until golden.
- Add the whole spices and sauté it for 15 seconds.
- Now add the ginger garlic paste and sauté it for 30 seconds.
- Next add the meat, sauté it until 5 minutes.
- Add in the yogurt and mix everything well for 1 minutes.
- Now add salt and powdered spices and mix well.
- Add water and mix well for 2 minutes.
- Now close the lid, and select pressure put pressure on it for 12 minutes or until the meat is tender and ready.
- Open the lid and give it a quick mix.
- Next add okra to the instant pot and close the lid again select pressure, put pressure for about 2 minute until okra is tender.
- Open the lid, select sauté, and give it a quick mix.
- Add fresh lemon juice and garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Enjoy it with a fresh chapati and enjoy!